Monday, October 26, 2009

spotlight artist: emily may sparks




When I first saw Emily Sparks's lovely crocheted work it was at the fabulous Bijou Market (btw - Bijou falls over the same Saturday as Spark and it's breaking our hearts cause we love it so - if you're not coming to Spark please go to Bijou, you won't be sorry) We all oggled over her stuff and her clever clean designs.

isn't she so cute??---->


And then I got to be friends with Emily (and shoot her beautiful family) and as I got to know her better the more amazing she was to me. I want to be cool just like she is.

She'll be demonstrating her mad crochet abilities at our Spark Show and Tell.





Here's what she has to say --

born in and raised mostly in utah. married to super sweet guy who supports me in all of my endeavors. graduated with BFA in studio arts from BYU. mom of 1...a beautiful girl who is 1 going on 16. designs crocheted accessories and sells them in boutiques and online at emilymaysparks.etsy.com. aspires to sell more of her 2d art and to be a yoga instructor.


i have had a need to be busy creating. in high school i made intricate beaded dolls, in college i spent most of my time painting and printing. after graduation i really became passionate about crocheting and sewing. i began selling my crocheted goods last year i love having my own business. i absolutely LOVE the handmade movement and being a part of it. i hope i will be able to pass on this passion for things handmade.



No comments: