Friday, October 23, 2009

spotlight artist: amy redden

Today i'm introducing Amy Redden of Vintage Fern. With her sewing she creates a style that is eclectic and crafty and homespun and fun. I can't wait for you guys to meet her.



Here's what Amy says about herself -

"I am a stay at home Mom to three beautiful girls and I am married to my best friend that supports me in everything! I have always had the desire to create! I went to school for interior design. I worked as a cake decorator for 9 years decorating cakes, cookies, and wedding cakes. For a few years I owned a wedding decorating business. When I was able to stay home with our three girls I wanted to keep myself busy so I started sewing and creating things to sell, and it has grown bigger than I ever thought it would! I love to thrift shop, collect mountains of fabric, cook, and be with my family.


I enjoy creating useful things using my talents! I love to use repurposed and vintage supplies in my work, but I don't limit myself, so there is always a mix of old and new.

I love what I do and I am so happy to be able to share it with others!"



Here's some of her work --










No comments: