Friday, August 14, 2009

What is Spark to me...

So...We, and when I say we I mean: Rhonna, Liz, Jefra and myself, have been working on an amazing event...Spark!

What is Spark?

Spark is a creative journey...Spark is a creative lifestyle...Spark is about being a creative woman. Spark is about being inspired by other creative women...Spark is about sharing creative ideas...Spark goes way beyond paper and glue...Spark is getting in touch with your creative spirit...Spark is going to be amazing...

How did Spark come about?

Like most creative thoughts Spark was an idea that came from a Lunch with girlfriends. Rhonna, Liz and I got together to have lunch in one of my favorite, beautiful and inspiring places...We were surrounded by inspiration and filled with ideas...And like fire the sparks flew between us and Spark the Event was born! We invited Jefra to be part of Spark and have been working on it non-stop!

Where is Spark?


Spark is going to be held in one of Utah's most beautiful settings...This is the place...And it is the place...Jefra and Rhonna found it and Liz and I went there yesterday and we know it is the place for Spark! This is the place will be a perfect setting to create and be inspired by the beautiful surroundings and history there.

Who is Spark for?
Spark is for all creative women...Spark is for women who create in any way.
Spark is for artists, for photographers, for musicians, for writers, for gardners, for decorators, for poets... Spark is for all types of creative women. As women we have a creative Spark within us, at Spark the Event we will cultivate, learn, share, extend, develop and be inspired to live a life creative...
If you are reading this
Spark is for you...

Details...
Date: November 6 & 7th 2009
Friday: November 6th Welcome to Spark!
1:00 p.m.~
Registration (more info to follow)
1:30-5 p.m.~
Show & Tell: **Spark your creativity with artisans’ demonstrating their talents with hands-on mini class demos.
5:30-6:30 p.m.~ dinner
7-8:00 p.m.~
Let the Shenanigans begin! Fun filled evening that will help you get your Spark on!
let the party continue til midnight!

Saturday: November 7th
9:00 a.m.~ Amazing Keynote Speaker:

Cassandra Barney. a woman artist who speaks to our creative souls! We are sure she will Spark our creative spirits! We can't wait!
10-6 p.m.~ Classes all day, 4 total (to be announced) break out groups,
lunch,
dinner,
Show & Tell
& a culminating fireside to
Kindle the Spark!

Venue: This is the Place, Salt Lake City, Utah
Cost: $300: includes all Spark creative goodness for both days. (If you are not local & need a hotel, this will be extra. We'll have some more info on that!)

Registration to begin August 24, 2009
(We want this to be an intimate journey, only 150 spots available)

Come celebrate being a creative women with us, take the journey, build a fire, share your
Spark with others...
I hope I have "
Sparked" your interest...
Kiss kiss
m

4 comments:

daurenet said...

Oh I so want to do this. It's my birthday, I wonder if my husband will let me come. This sounds wonderful! I love all you girls!

lorie said...

Seriously, that looks so fun. I will be sweating my *&%$ off at the Ironman in Florida. Bad timing, Lore. Can you do another one fo me? Love ya sista.
L

Jenny said...

Sounds amazing, I really hope I can come :)

Becky said...

This sounds like a very fun weekend! Too bad it's the same weekend as CKC Seattle. I'd drive to Utah for this! Plus I have family in Bountiful :) I would love to see this happen again next year, maybe in the warmer months.